Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: hamishrose One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 216  
Subject: Re: Serious Fire Sale going on Date: 3/11/2004 11:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Have you seen anything that suggests a fundamental change in the business? Not me.

No......but......

1) One of the reasons I had a lot of faith in the company when it was trading around $8 and everything seemed to be going wrong, was that the management team seemed to be responding to everything well. They were conserving cash, treating customer service as a priority, fighting J&J in a manner that didn't cost too much, buying CTAC stock both for themselves and to retire shares.

Neither of those people are involved in the day to day running of the company now.

2) The purchases of other online retailers last Jan seemed a great idea at the time, but seem to have had a detrimental effect on earnings.

3) IGEL/Clearlab continues to be a cash drain. Will it ever amount to anything?

4) The recent purchase of a UK based contact lens manufacturer. What was the point? Is CTAC losing its focus? I understood the primary purpose of the IGEL purchase was to put pressure on J&J. There can be no such reason for this latest purchase.

There is a lot of uncertainty here. I still believe that CTAC has a lot of potential, but I don't have the same faith in them that I used to.

Hamish Rose
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement