Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Haven't ever even heard of that one. I've heard of an EdD which is basically a scam. There are colleges that offer an "education doctorate" that you can get with a High School education. This is accepted as a substitute for the real thing in public school systems where having a PhD earns you a higher salary. So, its a joke.

There is such a thing as a course work only masters. The most common form is of course the MBA. It is also frequently offered for remote learning, night classes, and similar conditions where you work on the degree while still working a full time job. My wife was looking at this for pharmacy school. The other common type of coarse work masters that I'm aware of is when it is simply a certificate given as part of completing a full PhD. For instance with physics degrees effectively the only degree that really means anything is the PhD. So if you decide to transfer to another school then they might give you a coursework only masters as a sort of certificate of completion to help get into the PhD program at another school.

But no, never heard of a PD, except for partial differential equations, and partial discharge, and the inverse, DP (differential pressure).
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.