Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 176  
Subject: hazardous waste Date: 12/30/2006 7:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So, I was complimenting myself on having a city sponsored drop off every two months, when this REALLY neat note showed up on another board.

"can call for hazardous waste pickup...I had a small stack of batteries for them and we got rid of all the leftover paint, too"

How do you deal with stuff?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: UKBB Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168 of 176
Subject: Re: hazardous waste Date: 12/30/2006 8:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
How do you deal with stuff?

Save it up for a Hazardous Waste drop off day. Last time I even took in an old computer and they got all excited over it.

UKBB <I removed the hard drive first>

Author: lovingrose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 169 of 176
Subject: Re: hazardous waste Date: 1/1/2007 12:04 PM
I stopped using batteries in my tape recorder and bought a new electrical cord for it. Years ago, I used rechargable batteries but have not been able to find them recently.

I'm saving all my lightbulbs to send to a lighting store in Wisconsin. Wisconsin requires recycling of them, and a shop up there said I could mail my bulbs to them, along with, of course, a small payment.

There is a recycling place near me that takes computers for a small fee ($5/piece).

I've only started buying and using paint. I have some cans of spray paint that I've been using judiciously. Thanks for the reminder to check for hazardous waste disposal days.

Love
Loving

Author: them Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174 of 176
Subject: Re: hazardous waste Date: 2/22/2007 11:56 AM
Recommendations: 1
There is a recycling place near me that takes computers for a small fee ($5/piece).
-----
Freecycle plug! Freecycle plug!
;-)

I just "freecycled" a couple of ancient computers (one didn't even have a hard drive!) to a very grateful recipient. Only 18 hours after posting to the local Freecycle board (www.freecycle.org), someone was picking them up - no fuss, no muss, no fee, and they'll get used again!

I've been on the other end too - received some homebrewing supplies, some movies, and a nice monitor to upgrade our elderly neighbors computer system. Pretty cool all the way around. I do recommend "digest mode" though (one compiled email/day), as individual emails can be numerous.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement