UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25071  
Subject: Re: The Aphasic Vs Xebec Battle Royal Date: 6/7/2001 1:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hber has been retired forcefully, I think he's been reported too many times. Gould is a disctinct personality, much more rational. Hber is to Gould, is what estd is to Waxurt.

Leaving open the question... before you were Gould or Hber, did you ever have another identity that you considered the "real" one? (I don't really expect an answer.)

Did you see the episode where I geuss starred on the Simpsons by the way?

Of course... one of my favorite episodes.

Homer: "Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! Facts, schmacts."

Judge: "I find the defendent not guilty. As for science vs. religion I'm issuing a restraining order. Science should stay 500 yards from religion at all times."

You're right, it was pretty silly, but I think that was its intent. Xebec called it a parody didn't he? If you're down to earth then I don't think it's offensive really.

So if xebec was joking in his post, and aphasic responded with an unscientific but still very funny line about the chicken, is xebec really right to get mad about it?

Even I made fun of myself on the Simpsons.

Cute, all these first person references. Are you expecting anybody to believe that you're really SJG? You're more likely to convince me that you're the ghost of Bertrand Russell.

You're right, I declare a rematch. I happen to like Aphasic, he's on my favorite fools list because he speaks his mind and doesn't pull any punches. But I'd just like to see some science, not just quarrelling. That's where you and he differ. You usually have a scientific rebuttal, and well thought out. I'm sure he's got some valid points though, I await in anticipation.

Well, I will take my compliments where I can get 'em. Thanks.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement