UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TheNajdorfDefens Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 41627  
Subject: Re: Jim Cramer blows me away! Date: 9/27/2005 10:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
He must be right once in while...but I have not found an example yet in any stock that I was interested in

That's fine, that's what makes a market. A growth investor and a value investor will rarely be pursuing the same stocks, in fact, a value investor may be buying what the growth manager is selling and vice versa.

Picking on JJC because he didn't like HAL when they were being investigated is a trifle silly, *most* people didn't like it and most people suggest that retail investors avoid those types of stocks. You clearly saw above the fray and profited nicely.

Cramer ran his own hedge fund, Cramer Berkowitz, that had $450mm in assets, returned over 30% per year gross of fees, and beat the S+P 12 of the 13 years he ran it.

1988-2000 SP returns - 14.7% average, 14.2% Std dev, Total return 909.8%, using Bloomberg data.

Cramer Berkowitz returns - I'll be conservative and use 30% as the annual return [it was slightly higher], beat SP500 12 of 13 years, Total Return of 5258%. That's the money that Cramer and Jeff Berkowitz made on their initial investment in the fund. His investors got approx 24% annually, after fees.

'Right once in a while,' is an unfair assessment. He has 60 minutes of airtime to fill up. Look at what he does with his money, not what he says to a random caller as a truer indicator.

best,

Naj
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

BMW METHOD EVENTS

The 2009 BMW Method Conference has been cancelled, due to minimum attendance numbers not being met. We hope to continue the annual BMW Method Conference tradition next fall.

Learn about the first four conferences on the BMW Method Website.

The BMW Method FAQ

BMW Method Website
Annual Conference Videos and Other Resources & Services
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Brookfield Asset Management
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement