No. of Recommendations: 28
Michigan is now a right-to-work state. I never thought I would live to see this day.

1HF
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
1HF!
Long time no see. I was thinking about you all during this past week and how great it would be to share the moment with ya.

I have NEVER been as proud to be a native son as I am today.
I had to crawl out from under my heavy workload of deer hunting and firewood cutting to celebrate a victory for individual rights. Hoping to see the end of handgun registration pass during this lame duck session also.
What a synchro......I was just thinking yesterday where 1HF was....welcome back.
Michigan is now a right-to-work state. I never thought I would live to see this day.

1HF

Man, welcome back! Where've you been?

Mike
No. of Recommendations: 0
Now we have to hope that Gov. Snyder survives the likely recall and that some liberal judge doesn't throw out the law.

We passed Voter ID here in PA and a liberal judge overturned the will of the people just before the November election.

Mike
lNow we have to hope that Gov. Snyder survives the likely recall and that some liberal judge doesn't throw out the law

Snyder won't get recalled. Here in MI the Gov and Lt Gov run as a team. The Lt Gov (Calley) is much more conservative than Snyder. The libs will shoot for Snyder's re-election in 2014.

Snyder won't get recalled. Here in MI the Gov and Lt Gov run as a team. The Lt Gov (Calley) is much more conservative than Snyder. The libs will shoot for Snyder's re-election in 2014.

wolverine307

Wouldn't the Dems go for the knockout and try to recall both people? That's what they attempted in Wisconsin.

A recall should only be allowed if a politician has done wrong, not because you disagree with their policies.

Mike
Wouldn't the Dems go for the knockout and try to recall both people?

I dunno. These people aren't all that bright. They spent $20 mill on a failed bid to change the state Constitution and would have gotten control of the MI House (I think) if they would have gotten a few thousand more votes.

If they would have captured the House, all of this would have been moot. Snyder was on record as saying that he didn't want this fight. He knew it would be divisive and he really wants to work together with the Dems to make this a better place to do business. But the unions had other plans and chose to fight, now they must deal with the consequences of trying to force MI into permanent union dependency.

Sixty % of the electorate rejected their Constitutional kill shot, so I don't think that they'll have much influence with empty coffers as 40% of the union members bolt for the door.
waving to the 1HF~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'bout time you showed up :)
Freedom is sweet!

Thanks LD. I've pretty much been a hermit for most of this year. Things go on my todo list faster than I've been able to take them off.

Thanks. Been flyin' below the radar. I've watched the fiscal brouhaha in DC, but I've been watching the state scene much more closely. Didn't really expect to see this happen.

Thanks. Been flyin' below the radar. I've watched the fiscal brouhaha in DC, but I've been watching the state scene much more closely. Didn't really expect to see this happen.
-----------------------------------------------
I feel so left out here in Illinois, nothing good-unexpected has happened here in years.
nothing good-unexpected has happened here in years.

Not true. I showed up at your house. We ate pizza and watched football. What's not to like?

Not true. I showed up at your house. We ate pizza and watched football. What's not to like?
-----------------------------------------------------
That's true <g>.

--------------------------------------------------
It's too bad i didn't have NFL redzone back then, we could've watched the Bears and the Lions.
we could've watched the Bears and the Lions.

You're right. I coulda added another state to my list in which to watch the Lions lose.... MI, NC, GA, CT, CA, HI, CO, and TX.
I feel so left out here in Illinois, nothing good-unexpected has happened here in years.

The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit ruled today that Illinois' total ban on carrying firearms for self-defense outside the home or business is unconstitutional.

Until today. <g>
Things go on my todo list faster than I've been able to take them off.

"Sounds like life to me"

-----------------------------------------------

____________________________________________-

You gotta be optimistic here dude

Hey Obama moved out, maybe its' a trend!
Things go on my todo list faster than I've been able to take them off.

"Sounds like life to me"

And a pretty good one. It has been interesting to almost completely ignore what has been going on in national politics. Except for the fiscal stuff and a few SCOTUS decisions per year, most of it is just noise. I went for months without seeing or reading anything more than headlines. Of course it helps when you already know what you will be voting against.

LD

Thanks LD. I've pretty much been a hermit for most of this year. Things go on my todo list faster than I've been able to take them off. 1HF

>>>>>>>>>>>>

oh gosh, I have so many things on my to do list.......they just keep piling up and it's taking me longer to get going in the morning too.

Ack!

Glad to see you back, stay around awhile.

LD
nice to see you back 1hf!

decath
Advertisement