Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: hheuer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121946  
Subject: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 3:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 83

There's a Zug-shaped hole in my world today.

We thought we had a few days, a few more hours of sitting in the backyard with him. A few more precious minutes.

But it was time. He didn't want to eat anything; we were back to syringe-feeding. He wasn't able to wash. Face first in the water bowl, or staggering and wobbling sideways when he tried to move. They removed 850 mls of fluid from his abdomen yesterday, but it was basically full again by this morning. He was happier outside, but it wasn't much, and it wasn't enough.

He hid his head in my armpit as I carried him into the clinic. and we sat on the floor, till he staggered off my lap, and DH scooped him up and started to cry too.

He went, with his head resting in my hands, and DH stroking him. He went with all our love, and I don't doubt for a second that it was the right thing to do, and the right time to do it, but damnit damnit damnit damnit.

There's a hole in my world. in my heart. He was a cat-of-a-lifetime.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement