Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hheuer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122016  
Subject: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 3:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 83

There's a Zug-shaped hole in my world today.

We thought we had a few days, a few more hours of sitting in the backyard with him. A few more precious minutes.

But it was time. He didn't want to eat anything; we were back to syringe-feeding. He wasn't able to wash. Face first in the water bowl, or staggering and wobbling sideways when he tried to move. They removed 850 mls of fluid from his abdomen yesterday, but it was basically full again by this morning. He was happier outside, but it wasn't much, and it wasn't enough.

He hid his head in my armpit as I carried him into the clinic. and we sat on the floor, till he staggered off my lap, and DH scooped him up and started to cry too.

He went, with his head resting in my hands, and DH stroking him. He went with all our love, and I don't doubt for a second that it was the right thing to do, and the right time to do it, but damnit damnit damnit damnit.

There's a hole in my world. in my heart. He was a cat-of-a-lifetime.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82672 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 3:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"We always knew that the world would break our heart, but we thought we had a little more time."

I'm desperately sorry. You'll find your Zug again, when he comes leaping through bright meadows to greet you at the bridge.

Nancy

Author: Beejayw1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82673 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 3:34 PM
I never knew Zug, but I can sense the hole, too. He made such a unique and wonderful part of the world, and he'll always be part of you.

I'm having trouble seeing to type this. He was one of the great ones.

Author: madamhusker1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82674 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 3:35 PM
Many, many, many heartfelt condolences from fellow pet-lover. He will never be far away when you keep him in your heart.

Hugs,

MadamHusker 1

Author: neverabridesmaid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82675 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 3:41 PM
I'm so very sorry. I too wanted you to have a few extra special days to say goodbye. I know your heart is breaking right now, and I feel for your DH too. He was part of your family for so long.

You gave him the ultimate gift though, a gentle passing with you by his side. In time when the sadness isn't so overwhelming I know you'll be able to remember only Zug's love and the way he forever changed your life for the better.

-nab

Author: StarWarriorRie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82676 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 3:47 PM
There's a hole in my world. in my heart. He was a cat-of-a-lifetime

I never knew your Zug, but I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. I knew that the end was coming soon as you had written to share your pain and still I couldn't steel myself against the pain you must be feeling about now.

Higs to you and your hubby.

StarWarrior Rie

Author: Catleen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82677 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 4:09 PM
That was the way I felt about Cocoa.

Sorry for your loss.

Catleen

Author: DonnaPawl Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82678 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 4:28 PM
Hilary & DH,

I am so very, very sorry to hear of Zug's passing. Of course you know that you did the right thing ... and at this time, that knowledge is of dim comfort.

But, even as we all lament his leaving you, up there, at the Bridge, is a healthy, bouncing Zug ... soaking up beautiful sunshine rays and trying to decide which to chase first: the butterflies or the winged mice; or, whether tis better to eat his fill of previously forbidden foods, or rolllll in the catnip gardens. He'll be more than happy to greet you when the time comes.

The Zug-hole in your heart is an expression of your love for him, and his for you.

DP

Author: TheCatWoman Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82679 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 4:28 PM
"There's a hole in my world. in my heart. He was a cat-of-a-lifetime."

Oh, Hilary, I'm so sorry. Along with everyone else, I had hoped you'd be able to have a few more special days with Zug.

It probably isn't very comforting now, but in time, the hole in your heart will be filled with wonderful memories. You will always carry a part of Zug with you, to fill in the part of yourself that you gave to him.

Still thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

Best,
Cat

Author: hereandnow Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82680 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 4:46 PM
Please post some pictures of him for us, if you have any.

(((hheuer and Zug)))

Author: nggCatgoyle Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82681 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 4:56 PM
Oh, Hilary, how I wish there were words that would soothe the pain you're feeling right now! However long we have them, it's never, ever long enough.

But you loved Zug as hard as you could, and he knew it and loved you back, every bit as much. And because you loved him so, you gave him the gift that took away his suffering, even while it filled you with grief. I know it hurts like hell, and I'm so very, very sorry.

Zug's waiting for you at the Bridge now, happy and well again, and he'll always be alive in your heart.

Mega-hugs to you and DH, and extra skritches and treats for Job, who must be feeling sad and confused, too.

Sharing your tears,

Cori

Author: PineLevel Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82682 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 5:42 PM
I'm so sorry.
Even knowing it's coming doesn't make it easier.
All cats go to heaven ...

Author: vacanyhere Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82683 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 5:43 PM
{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

Deannda
Nothing left to say

Author: crewgirl34 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82685 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 6:15 PM
((((((((Hilary and Family))))))

It's never easy. I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Paula

Author: catcaper Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82687 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 6:23 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Zug.

It is so hard to take charge when you feel so helpless.

But you did, it was right, and that is the highest form of love.

Those of us who have been there know how it hurts, and I'm sure those who haven't don't even want to imagine.

Wish we could each bear a part and ease yours.

Thinking of you all.

Lynn

Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82688 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 6:34 PM
(((((((((Hilary)))))))))
I'm so sorry. Of course, you gave him the final kindness. It doesn't make it easier.
Chris

Author: birdmom Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82689 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 6:43 PM
Oh, Hilary, I'm so sorry you didn't have any more time with Zug. Everything that could be done was done, even the final easing into that good night. The pain in your heart will dissipate eventually and you'll have wonderful memories of your sweet boy.

((((((((((Hilary & DH & Job))))))))))

Judi

Author: Jeri5 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82690 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 6:43 PM
I am so sorry for your loss and the pain associated with it. I too have tears streaming down my face. My heart is aching – a physical ach – remembering... knowing...

{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

Author: Fly2Retire Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82691 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 8:35 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Zug was family, even if he wasn't a human, rather was your fur-family. That love they give, that expects nothing in return, is a pure love that I enviously wish was the way I could love.

Take care of yourself and know that we are all in sympathy for you.

Fly2REtire

Author: Shicali Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82693 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 9:09 PM
Oh, dear Hilary, I am so, so sorry. I know how much Zug meant to you.

With hugs, sympathy and tears,

Shirley

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82698 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 9:40 PM
oh Hilary.

I am so sorry.

(((((((Hilary and DH)))))))

RM

Author: eastender Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82699 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 9:53 PM
He had a good death. You did the best for him all his life too. No living thing can ask for more.

Namaste,
Jean and the wheaties

Author: JustWhoIAm Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82700 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 10:21 PM
Now you've gone and made me cry.

I wish there were words to lessen the hurt and the loss.

Keith

Author: dtschet Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82703 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 10:59 PM
: (

Oh, how I know how you feel.

Sad sad time.

My heart goes out to you.

donna

Author: bramble7 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82704 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 11:10 PM
In April, I lost the dog of a lifetime. Seventeen years and still too short a time. I can still cry thinking of her; you can measure the part they play in our lives by the size of the hole they leave behind.

You did what you could, and when you couldn't do more, you gave the last best gift we have. . . you eased his pain and gave him a loving final moment.
I am crying tonight for Zug, and for you and DH.

Theresa

Author: JELAMAR Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82707 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/19/2005 11:44 PM
Dear Hilary,

You both were lucky to share love with each other. I am sorry he is gone from you now. You gave him as much as you could and for that you should feel blessed.

I am sharing your sorrow.

with love, jane and cats

Author: blackmare Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82711 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/20/2005 8:30 AM
I'm so sorry. Not much else to say, really.

Just...we're all here, and we know it sucks, and...that's about all, I guess.

Take care, and come talk to this crowd as much as you like.

Mare

Author: NoHorses3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82713 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/20/2005 9:43 AM
Recommendations: 3
Mr Zug,
a special cat,
flips through the clouds
like an acrobat,
swinging high on a star
trapeze,
Mr Zug lands
on a low-passing breeze.

Nancy

Author: daFlufferNut Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82714 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/20/2005 9:45 AM
Recommendations: 1
{{{{Hilary}}}}}

I am so sorry, I know how much that hurts. I'm crying a little too.

Small feet do leave huge footprints, don't they?

Fluff

Author: Fletch52 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82715 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/20/2005 10:28 AM
Recommendations: 1
I can't add much to the words of comfort expressed by others. I too have suffered twice (Harvey & Clifford) but in the end you must be consoled by the thought that you did the right thing and were able to end their suffering. In time the pain will subside but the wonderful memories will always remain.

Fletch52

Author: jjbklb Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82717 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/20/2005 11:17 AM
A prayer on the wing to you.

Author: blue3dragon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82763 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/21/2005 8:08 AM
(((((((((((((Hilary & DH)))))))))))))

There is nothing I can say except that you are in my prayers. You did a very loving thing for Zug & he will thank you when you get to the Rainbow Bridge.

Michele, Max & Oakley

Author: tlbate Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 82802 of 122016
Subject: Re: he was my sunshine Date: 10/23/2005 3:44 PM
I'm weeping with you. Dear Zug, what a loss for you and your hubby. I've been there and it's one of the hardest things to do ever, holding your beloved pet while he gets his final injection and breathes his last. There's not anything I can say that will help. I'm so sorry.

Terry

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement