Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
After I received my Form 5498-SA 2011 from the trustee of my Health Savings Account, I discovered that I had contributed approximately $200 too much to the account in 2011. I applied for and received a return of the excess contribution for 2011 and its earnings in March of 2012. Would the trustee normally issue a corrected Form 5498-SA for 2011?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.