Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35757  
Subject: Re: Survey Date: 9/3/2003 1:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 117
Hee hee, most maybe, but not ALL.

Yep. Not all.

I dated a single mother of a 14 year old boy once. During the relationship, she told me how she could never ever ever have "that talk" with her son. It was just not going to happen. She had gotten pregnant at 16 herself, but was just not able to arm her son with the tool he needed to prevent the same thing from happening. So I...being the supercool guy that I am...offered to do it for her. She said she would love that.

(Now let me take a moment diffuse the whole lecherous old man vibe by saying that I had met the kid several times. I had taken them both to movies, dinners, and the kid and I had played many many games of playstation2 together. In other words, he already knew me and was comfortable being around me.)

So I took the kid to the movies one night while his mom was working. Then after the movie, we went to hooters for some wings and quality male bonding time.

(this would also be a good time to point out that I am not a believer in the "teach your kids abstinence" plan. Kids are going to do it. At least most of them are. So why take chances?)

Me: So...do you have a girlfriend?

Him: oh.. a few...you know how it is.

Me: Yeah, do i ever. You getting any action?

Him: (totally unphased) Well, I have done a little...but not all the way yet.

Me: Cool.

Him: Yeah.

Me: You got any rubbers?

Him: No! I tried to get some one time when I was at the store with my mom, but she wouldn't buy them for me. She said I am too young to worry about that. Plus, I hear they don't feel good.

Me: Aww man. Rubbers are da bomb (kid slang for kcufing great)! They really make it feel better. They make you last longer. Plus you don't have to worry about knocking up some chick you really don't like that much anyway.

Him: Yeah. I that would suck.

Me: Hell yeah it would. And don't believe them when they say they are on the pill either. And there are diseases too. So just be careful.

Him: I will. I just get so embarassed when I try to go buy some. I don't want to take them up to the counter.

Me: Yeah, that can be tough. So you gonna play football next year......

When we got back to his mother's house, I gave him a 24 pack of condoms that I had previously bought. I showed him the proper way to put them on and take them off (get your mind out of the gutter...we used a banana...perverts!). He was VERY interested and attentive. When it was all over, he slapped me on the back and said "thanks man, you're dope!" I told him if he ever needed more, he was to call me and I would hook him up. He called twice over the next year and a half.

Sure, he might have been blowing them up like balloons. Sure he might have been giving them to his friends. Either way, there were more condoms out there in circulation...and I don't see that as a bad thing.

ROTJob - corruptor of the youth

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement