UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lffranco One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 104  
Subject: Re: Hello Guys, congrats on FLSH Date: 6/1/2000 7:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hehehehe... it's good. I went long this morning at 65, so yes, I'm having a slight loss, but nothing substantial.

Check this chart:
http://www.geocities.com/lffranco/taf/flsh000531.gif

The orange line is the prevailing trend, which is a downtrend, no big deal here. If it breaks this trend, it will rise a BUY signal (as it did today)

The Fibos are an old theory that I'm placing into my TA, it states more or less (in the simpler words I can say :) ), when there's a drop or a surge in price, in this case from around 68.25 mid-may to around 45 a week ago, there will be three levels (at least) known as "fibonnaci retracements"

Those resistances (or supports in the uptrend case) are calculated as the 61.8%, 50% and 38.2% from the total retracement (why the numbers? if you're interested, I'll give you some links) in this case the retracement were of around 20 points (excluding some "noise", like the global low), so the retacements will be:

a) 50+(20*0.382) = 57.64 // or 70-(20*0.618)
b) 50+(20*0.500) = 60.00 // or 70-(20*0.500)
c) 50+(20*0.618) = 62.36 // or 70-(20*0.382)

I used 50 and not 45, because 50 was the close at the absolute bottom.

Those are "psicological" barriers, so, if the stock breaks those prices, then you can rise the BUY signal.

What do I expect technically?

If this run consolidates, around 20 more points. If it does not, then a retest of the low 50s level.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement