Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ace43 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15  
Subject: Hello! Date: 2/21/1999 8:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
O.K., it ain't AOL, but the company's been around for 130 years, seems to do well, even now, in a relatively weak industry, and there are rumors it may be bought. It recently moved from ASE to NYSE, the yield (of course because the price is down) is up to 6.8, and it seems dirt cheap. It may have found a bottom of sorts at around 9 1/2 this past Friday. Will some of you please buy this stuff so I can get out without losing my shirt?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ace43 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 15
Subject: Re: Hello! Date: 4/21/1999 9:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dear Ace43,
Well, thanks for your help. I picked up on your message, bought me a passle of GLT at 9 1/2 and then got out two days ago at 13 1/4. That was a 40% gain in just two months and I was knocking down almost 7% in dividends while I waited. Are you really Peter Lynch in disguise. I think it's sad that there is noone else in here because the sheer brilliance of pure reason is almost blinding.
Anyway, thanks for the tip. Next time I'll buy more than five shares on your advice. But what the heck, I'm up two bucks, not counting the $14.00 commission. Later, dude.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement