Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello again guys. First let me say this...This board alone has more intelligent feedback then most of the Fools board combined(not offense intended to Motley Fool Junkies:) I was unaware of the size of Buffetts bond position, thanks for the knowledge. I do wonder if maybe our friend has erased a large part of his bond holdings as of late, being that there are alot more stocks trading at a discout to their intrinsic value. After your comments I do agree a little more that they help balance the volatility/risk of a 100% weighted stock portfolio. But I would think that as the Dow continues its corrections(who sees any light at the end of this tunnel?)more companies will become increasingly attractive. At this point I would assume most of you would erase a portion of your bond holdings and convert them to stock? Maybe the less risk averted 25% of portfolio being bonds would apply here. I look forward to hearing your replies. The feedback here is much more meaningul then most message boards ive been to. One more thing, I recently visited www.valueinvestorsclub.com and found it to be an excellent source of ideas. Thats it, thanks guys.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement