Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Hello All,

I guess I'm going to be in the minority here...

I guess I'm one of those people who get sick of having someone else's religion shoved down my throat. The case we are talking about was Sante Fe Independent School District in Galveston, Texas, allowed student-initiated and student-led prayer to be broadcast over the public address system before high school football games.

That doesn't strike me as a few kids meeting for a bible study session or a prayer amonst themselves. That's a bunch of you kids shoving reglion across a Public Address System to everyone within hearing distance.

I get tired of the double standard. Everyone can shove thier Christian values at all day long me and when someone complains, it's un-American. I must be some sort of sick person who doesn't belive in G-d. When I was in school and took time off for major Jewish holidays, I got the a lot of hassles.

If people want to show thier love and devoltion to G-d in school, that is fine with me. You can do it quietly, without bothering other people.

Just my thoughts...

Lenny

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement