Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: GreedyJoe2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121351  
Subject: Hello, Does anyone care to answer my question. Date: 2/15/2001 1:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
mortgage credit certificate (MCC). This is the first time I hear about such a thing. I also downloaded IRS publications 523 & 530, In publication 523 I read "contact the appropiate gov. agency to get the MCC". I live in FL. and I have A FHA loan, Who is this Mysterious agency in my area?
I purchased my house in 5/1997, Can I get backpay if I qualify?
I have never claimed my interest on my itemized 1040 because I get more money out of my EIC and Child credit. I use TAX CUT software for my taxes and it always recomends the standard instead of the Itemized because I get more moolah like that.
My next question is, If I am better of with the standard tax return, do I qualify for the MCC?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: denisechaffee Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46535 of 121351
Subject: Re: Hello, Does anyone care to answer my questio Date: 2/15/2001 3:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I work for a nonprofit that does homebuyer education in California, and as far as I understand the MCC is something that had to be applied for at the same time that your loan documents were processed with the lender/broker. MCCs (in California at least!) are County-based programs, so your lender would have had to have been approved by the county where you purchased your home in order to assist you with the MCC application. I do not believe the MCC is something you can apply or qualify for "retro-actively". Definitely check back with you lender or call your local county and ask to speak to someone in the Housing and/or Community Development Dept. to be sure, since it could be different in Florida.
Hope that helps!

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement