Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Panther007 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86587  
Subject: Hello everyone! Date: 4/28/2012 1:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi there!
I was on the Motley Fool boards about 10 years ago, but had to give it up due to my retail business being so busy. Now, that business is no longer (closed it April 2010) and I am doing something very different.

I know a lot of people talk about retirement, but frankly I cannot see myself as ever being really "retired". Well, not the way my parents are retired.

I live in Colorado. I jumped on to Motley Fool again as I want to be a bit more involved with my stocks and such. Things have been much better lately (as you all know) but it's time for me to do some selling and buying.

It's nice to come back on and see familiar names and all.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I hope to chat with you all on various topics. It's nice to be back and thanks for the invite to post TMF2Aruba!

Jan
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86105 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/28/2012 3:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Things have been much better lately (as you all know)...
===*===

I don't know.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86106 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/28/2012 3:25 PM
...do some selling and buying.
===*===

Long AAPL?

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86107 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/28/2012 3:26 PM
Recommendations: 2
I hope to chat with you all on various topics.
===*===

Great! What are your cats names and what kinda cats are they?

Author: Panther007 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86108 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/29/2012 11:37 AM
Hello Raggmopp,

Thanks for saying hello.

I guess i was referring to the stock market doing better.....above there....

i'm listening to a broadcast about GMO's now. Just mentioned it in case you have a comment on that too! :-) that's a BIg topic lately!

Have a super day!

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86109 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/29/2012 1:21 PM
I guess i was referring to the stock market doing better.....above there....
===*===

Ah, Mr. Market. Yes indeed, this current move has improved everyone's Alpha (the amount of one's performance vs. the S&P 500 [currently +11.59% YTD] except for the bears. A good thing to be sure.

Author: Panther007 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86110 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/29/2012 1:26 PM
...oh yeah...don't like AAPL

not for me.....

but i do tend to gravitate towards tech stocks....I need to be more diverse.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86111 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/29/2012 1:34 PM
Recommendations: 1
i'm listening to a broadcast about GMO's now. Just mentioned it in case you have a comment on that too! :-) that's a BIg topic lately!
===*===

Genetically Modified Organisms, or General Moly the stock? Lessee, FrankenFoods vs. rare earths (cue Jeopardy music)... nope; neither one is a factor for me at the moment.

Take Good Care

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86112 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/29/2012 1:40 PM
...oh yeah...don't like AAPL
===*===

Ok. As long as it's making me money I like it fine, when it stops I'll move on. As Jim Cramer is so fond of saying: "There's always a bull market somewhere."

Author: sunrayman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86113 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/29/2012 8:17 PM
. . . vs. rare earths (cue Jeopardy music)...

+++
+++

I have some MCP & REE cuz ya NEVER KNOW when those Chinese guys are gonna turn OFF the supply spigot again.

sunray
a man of diversity

Author: Panther007 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86114 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/30/2012 12:58 AM
true that.

asked my Mom for some advice and got a ton of long winded explanations of why I should have an ira. I told her, um...i've had one for over 25 years.

oh......

yeah, frankenfoods not so good.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86115 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/30/2012 6:27 AM
I have some MCP & REE cuz ya NEVER KNOW when those Chinese guys are gonna turn OFF the supply spigot again.
===*===

When (and if) they do I'll re-evaluate them stocks. Until then I'm not seeing a trade set up.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86116 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/30/2012 6:36 AM
why I should have an ira
===*===

One of the bestest things about an IRA is the ability to avoid the wash sale rule on a signal you've called wrong. Let's say you've pounced too early on XYZ Corp and have been stopped out. In a normal account you couldn't buy the stock back for 31 days and realize the loss but in your IRA you could buy it back tomorrow (assuming you get a buy signal) amd badda bing badda boom you're off to the races.

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86117 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/30/2012 12:58 PM
Welcome back, Jan! What was your fool name before you left 10 years ago? I have been on the board at least that long...

Andrea

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86118 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/30/2012 1:09 PM
Have you found the METaR board yet? It's one of my favorites and a very active board on macro economics. Here's a link: http://boards.fool.com/macro-economic-trends-and-risks-11490....

I rarely post on this board, but read it everyday. It has been an education on the subject.

Andrea

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86119 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/30/2012 1:42 PM
Macro/Schmacro trade the trend.

Raggmopp
Momo guy

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86120 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/30/2012 1:44 PM
Macro/Schmacro trade the trend.

Long time no see, Raggs. What's up in your part of the world?

A

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86121 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/30/2012 2:00 PM
What's up in your part of the world?
===*===

SSDD. Taking care of Mommopp, feeding the birds and trying to make a buck in the stock market. This care-giver stuff ain't for sissies though.

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86122 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/30/2012 2:28 PM
Recommendations: 3
Taking care of Mommopp, feeding the birds and trying to make a buck in the stock market. This care-giver stuff ain't for sissies though.

No, it's not.

Just be good to yourself and take good care of yourself -- you know the old saying, make sure the oxygen mask is on you first. You aren't any good to anyone if you're not healthy.

And bless you (or good thoughts and feelings coming your way) for taking on such a role.

You are one in a million. :)

Andrea

Author: joycets Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86130 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 5/1/2012 1:07 AM
Things have been much better for me because I retired and now the state pays me not to work. Of course, YMMV.

joycets

Author: Panther007 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86134 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 5/5/2012 10:56 PM
Hi Andrea! I don't remember at all what my old handle was..... I have been trying to think of it.....

oh well..

Author: Panther007 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86281 of 86587
Subject: Re: Hello everyone! Date: 4/22/2013 9:10 PM
Andrea,

I forgot to check the replies! oops! sorry!

Ok i remembered my old handle was panthercat pretty sure.

I have been doing well since I jumped back in to the market n March. Sold all the Monsanto and put some of it in the competitor HAINS CELESTIAL and LL. So far so good. thanks for saying hi everyone and sorry I forgot to check replies.

Have fun in the snow!

Jan

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement