Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello fellow expats ,

I am by no means an expert but the way I read it is that as a US citizen no matter where your income is earned it is taxed. Once you reach the exclusion limit then all your income from that point can be considered for IRA contributions.
I'd also like to extend an invite for you to visit the expat fools board.

Mr Lumu
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.