UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFBreakerWade Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 89  
Subject: Re: strategies Date: 7/8/2008 3:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hello Fools!

Goal
To find the best opportunities the market has to offer.   
To use a sound process to build out the portfolio over a period of time. 
To know what the portfolio has, then go get what the portfolio needs.  

Expectations
Caveat:
80% of fund manager’s under perform the market.  

My goal will be to eclipse the market’s performance by at least 3% while minimizing risk and maximizing returns. Ultimately, the portfolio 
will hold anywhere between 30 to 50 stocks. It will also have some degree of international exposure.  

Stock Style:
While not a strict set of guidelines, I will generally focus on businesses with high returns of equity 
and invested capital.  I will also focus 
on companies that are cash flow positive and possess competent, able,
solid, management teams.

Strategies “Buy right and sit tight”
I will consider myself to be a part owner of a business, macroeconomic events will not affect an investment decision.  I will hold 
an investment for 3 – 5 years (preferably longer) or unless something fundamentally changes.  I plan to be unemotional, methodical, and
 focused on the process.  I will be aware of price but not driven by it.  I will be diverse enough where the portfolio will be protected 
during downswings. When I allocate capital, I will generally do it in the form of a percentage.  
I will rebalance by adding new money to lagging ideas.  

Though I won’t use a strict allocation percentage, I find it useful to measure expected growth 
rates by their return potential and illustrate how much (roughly) will be allocated.  

Growth Rate       Expected Return         Allocation
Slow    5-10%                  0 – 50%            20 -30%
Medium  10- 20%            -25% - 100%            45 -55%
Fast     20%+              -50% - 200%            20 -30%
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement