Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello I have a probably rather literally foolish question. I was just laid off with a large pharmaceutical/medical device company and have to move my 401K account since it has fallen below $3,500. The question is does anybody know of any no load S&P index funds, or other to reinvest this amount in. I am not employeed as of yet so can not move it to the new employer's plan. Any suggestions? Thanks, Richard...

This largely depends on to where you move the 401K. If you cannot keep it with your old company and you do not have a new company to go to, it sounds like you can only roll into a TIRA. If so, your choice of index funds may depend on the institution with which you fund your TIRA. Have you selected a broker?
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.