Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19891  
Subject: Re: What to do now??? Date: 1/6/2000 7:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello, I need help!!! I was in a motorcycle accident that left me disabled and technically retired. I was compensated
700,000.I've been to 2 planner's,my accountant/financial advisor,and A G Edwards.They all seem to be looking out for
themselves instead of me!Load me up with load funds and a annuity.But I need a source of steady income.I may not be
able to work for the rest of my life. I am receiving SS (temp), so I can't depend on that.My questions are, how do I find a
fee only adviser (in South Jersey)? I don't have the experince or c-c-courage to invest in single stocks.I've looked at
Vanguard's family of Index Funds?? ,any and all advice would be appreciated.I was advised to invest 250,000 in a
variable annuity and 450,000 acrossed the board in American Funds for income(with a big load fee)Help!!!I'm tearing
what hair I have out.


This is the CPA national site. They have a group of financial planners.

They should charge by the hour. They should be selling nothing but their time.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


Foolanthropy 2015!
Fistula Foundation: A World of Good!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Collected Mungofitch Quotes
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.