No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Joescullion,
My wife and I have been retired approximately 3 months. We have a home in South Florida on Approx 1/2 acre of land. We like the home and the neighborhood very well but are not satisfied with the general population growth and terrible traffic problems in South Florida. We also own 2 1/2 acres of property in North Florida 20 miles out of Gainesville and out in the boonies. We are preparing to build a Cedar post and beam home on our lake that will be our dream home.
It is no larger than our present home but much more open a design and most important to us, it is away from the hurry up and wait traffic insanity of I-95 and the Turnpike.

Our present home represents approx 15% of our net worth and the new will be approx 23%. We think this is probably in the high range but still feel the difference in the climate, pace of life, amount of effort required to maintain the lawn etc. will be worth it to us.

Good luck
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement