Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ultrabrite Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 551  
Subject: Re: Flextronics Date: 3/30/2007 9:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello Linda from RI:

I am holding some shares in FLEX. I believe that it is a good company to invest in. My target price is $16 per share. However lately I have seen comments from Motorola citing a slowdown in cellphone sales. I think that there are concerns out there about what will demand be for some of the consumer products that FLEX manufactures (like cellphones)?

Stronger expected demand for the products FLEX produces would probably lead to stronger gross margins that it would be able to earn going forward. FLEX has been reporting good results over the last 6 months and I am hopeful that this trend will continue. My general perception is based on the forward guidance that management has provided when they have reported earnings. On January 30th 2007 FLEX reported strong earnings and projected the following guidance (which I felt was positive):

For the fourth quarter ending March 31, 2007, revenue is expected to be approximately $4.8 billion and diluted EPS is expected to be approximately $0.20. This represents year-over-year revenue growth of approximately $1.3 billion, or approximately 36%, and implies an operating profit growth rate of approximately 40%. Management emphasized that there is a range around the March 2007 quarter guidance as demand trends and the economy are dynamic.

GAAP earnings per diluted share are expected to be lower than the guidance provided herein by approximately $0.03 per diluted share per quarter reflecting quarterly intangible amortization and stock-based compensation expense.

http://www.flextronics.com/en/portals/0/press%20releases/20070130SJA.pdf

FLEX will be reporting its fiscal fourth quarter results on April 26th. I am looking forward to find out how they have been doing for the last few months and what kind of forward guidance they will provide.

John
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement