Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Rothenhofer Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2385  
Subject: Re: market share Date: 4/12/2003 9:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hello Matt

I've been reading about QSII ever since I read about it in Stocks 2003 and TMF Stock Advisor. Have also read your recent three articles. I have purchased shares and am still trying to find out more about the company.

Two questions:

1. You state

Based on info from QSII, there are no more than 5 current serious competitors in the large-practice market, and QSII is firmly confident that they're the present leader.

What I've tried unsuccessfully to determine is who are these 5 serious competitors? They are not specifically identified in the 10K (or at least I can't find them) and research sites such as Quicken give all sorts of software companies as competitors.

In addition, when QSII referes to these main competitors, they use the terminology "legacy system players." Can you explain what this phrase means?

2. In your last article "The Value of Growth" I'm not finding the same numbers. When you refer to calendar year 2002, are you using the 10K numbers from March 31, 2002 year end? For example, you refer to revenue of $51.7 mil and an increase year over year of 19.8%. I'm not very experienced at reading financials, but I think the 2002 10K Income Statements gives Revenue as $44.4 Mil which is a 16.4% increase over $39.9 Mil in Fiscal Year 2001. I'm not disputing your numbers, I just don't know where or maybe how to find them.

Sara

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement