Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Mike. Good question. I made really good money on Weight Watchers back in 2010 and 2011. I thought it was a low capital-requirement, highly profitable company with a nice moat. Inside Value recommended it too. The shares spiked to above $60, and I got out. Then they borrowed a lot of money to by back stock at a high price. Very bad move. And in the recession their attendance went down.

Still the company has the same core value, so I'm studying whether to get back in.

I'd like to see what the Inside Value guys think about the debt and the performance of their strategy to invest in fancier store-fronts.

ciao
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement