UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Keetman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5  
Subject: Re: Anybody stll there? Date: 10/18/2007 12:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello Randy,

Someone has read your post. Just wanted to let you know.

I am not technically a stay at home dad, but I am home with them most of the time. I only work once every 3 days & wife works full time so I'm it.

Its a chore and I feel lazy sometimes right now. I like to take on big projects around the house, but with two little ones its hard. There's always a diaper to change, a mouth to feed, a room to clean up, or one of them is ready for a nap. I just don't feel like breaking into a project during the day...that's the lazy part. When they get older I'll be more active around the house, but right now I'm Mr Mom.

I definitely get the looks. I'm stern with the boys right now and I'm always getting called on it from the wife. I also get "the look" for a myriad of other things, but I try to take it all in stride. My wife and I have a good situation and a good relationship. I'm trying to be stern now so I won't have to as much later...she's balancing that out to some degree. I feel what I do is right so I don't let her looks get to me. I do however take them as a suggestion to slightly modify my behavior. Hmmmm.......who's in charge here?

I love this though and they won't be this size for long. Whenever my oldest (4) asks me to do something now I try not to be too busy for him. At least for a few minutes even if I am busy. Its a great time.

John
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement