Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: orellana88 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121147  
Subject: HELP! IRA withdrawal & 1040 EZ Form Date: 4/12/2000 9:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am 27 I withdrew some money out of my IRA last year. I have no other investments. Can I still fill out the 1040EZ? or do I have to fill out a 1040A?????
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34148 of 121147
Subject: Re: HELP! IRA withdrawal & 1040 EZ Form Date: 4/12/2000 9:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<< I am 27 I withdrew some money out of my IRA last year. I have no other investments. Can I still fill out the 1040EZ? or do I have to fill out a 1040A >>

You can't use the EZ. I recommend the 1040. You only have to use the lines that affect you, the instructions are better, and you don't waste time trying to figure out whether you can use it.

I don't know if you can use the 1040A or not. If you feel like spending the time, check the instructions. I know you can use it for routine IRA withdrawals, but I don't know if you can use it when the penalty applies, which it does in your case.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement