Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CathyDonnelly Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 294  
Subject: Help - Medicare Date: 2/19/2001 2:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm a novice at this - please be patient with me. Not only have I never posted to a board before, the topic is foreign to me as well.

My grandmother recently entered a nursing home and most of the retirement money she had was spent. Shortly after that, she passed away. My father is now concerned that if he eventually goes into an assisted living facility, the retirement he'd hoped to pass on to his kids (I'm one of four), will all go to the facility before Medicare kicks in.

I told him I would help him research this, but to be honest I don't have a clue where to start. I looked on the Retirement board, but couldn't really find where or how to begin.

Please help me. Thank you in advance!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TPaine Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 88 of 294
Subject: Re: Help - Medicare Date: 2/19/2001 2:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi CathyDonnelly,

I don't know if this will help you?

Enclosed is a useful site:

www.insure.com in the search area type in

medicare (Bingo, eveything you want to know about it).

I hope this helps?

Cheers :)

Author: jrr7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 99 of 294
Subject: Re: Help - Medicare Date: 5/14/2001 1:00 PM
I would look on the Insurance board. Your father seems to fit the profile for someone looking for long-term-care insurance.

http://fireboards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=100156

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement