UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RedRaider04 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75793  
Subject: Help out a young'un Date: 2/26/2002 2:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Hello All!

I recently stumbled on a good board that I enjoy. It is the "Teens and Their Money" board. I know all or most of you would not care or be interested in this board, but I just wanted to ask a favor of yall to try and check it out or maybe post their once in a while. Obviously it is a board for young investors. I would ask that anyone interested would post their and be sort of a board mentor. You dont have to be a mentor for an individual, but just do a general post telling of how you started investing, maybe when, if you were a teenager again...what you would have done differently with money, offer some advice, some encouragement, some tips for beginers, etc. If would have known about this board a year or two ago when I started investing it would have helped out a TON! Anywho...Im sorry if it is a bad thing to plug another board on here, but I know yall are nice enough to help out a little guy. There hasnt been too much action there lately, and maybe yall could help liven it up a little. I too and young like these guys on the young fool board, and if or when you post, Ill be on there learning along with them. Thank you so much in advance for helping and teaching the youth of America to invest! Here is the link if you might be interested in checking it out. http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=16587527&bid=112950

Thanks a BUNCH!
Nealer
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: saml72933 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33886 of 75793
Subject: Re: Help out a young'un Date: 2/26/2002 11:12 AM
Recommendations: 0
RedRaider04.

Super good idea.

I checked out your link and am impressed with the young persons who inhabit that board.

I'm sure you will get some good advice from many of the regulars on this board.

There are many boards that these young ones may do well to check out also. One that comes to mind is the Index Fund board. There are many excellent posters there and there is no age limit to participate, obviuosly.

I have put your Teens board on my favorites list and I will get over there from time to time. I'll also post some links to other boards which I think will be of value to them.

Good fortune to you guys,

Sam

Author: rkmacdonald Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33887 of 75793
Subject: Re: Help out a young'un Date: 2/26/2002 11:40 AM
Recommendations: 1
Author: RedRaider04 Date: 2/26/02 2:20 AM Number: 33885
...good board that I enjoy. It is the "Teens and Their Money" board. I know all or most of you would not care or be interested in this board, but I just wanted to ask a favor of yall to try and check it out or maybe post their once in a while.

Good suggestion! I'll be monitoring that board to see where I can throw my 2 cents in.

RK

Author: jrr7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33890 of 75793
Subject: Re: Help out a young'un Date: 2/26/2002 4:16 PM
Recommendations: 1
One that comes to mind is the Index Fund board. There are many excellent posters there

Sorry, all gone *poof*. They were all fee-sensitive and thus all decided to leave when the Fool started charging. Only three of us left, I think.

Author: rkmacdonald Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33892 of 75793
Subject: Re: Help out a young'un Date: 2/26/2002 8:16 PM
Recommendations: 3
Author: jrr7 Date: 2/26/02 4:16 PM Number: 33890
Sorry, all gone *poof*. They were all fee-sensitive and thus all decided to leave when the Fool started charging. Only three of us left, I think.

Not quite! There are lots more of us Closet Indexers around. We're just not quite as compulsive obsessive as the group that left.

RK

Author: bagginses One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33894 of 75793
Subject: Re: Help out a young'un Date: 2/28/2002 9:18 AM
Recommendations: 0
Not quite! There are lots more of us Closet Indexers around. We're just not quite as compulsive obsessive as the group that left.

I still frequent the Index Board too, but not for any particular reason, as there's nothing going on there. (Same goes for this board.)

The LBYM board, however, is as alive as ever, though almost everything there is off topic.

Lurkingly (I tried to turn "lurking" into an adverb) yours,

Bagginses

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement