Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It's been a while since I posted here; but, I recall that some of you are [or were] with Ford.

Anyway, I love my '06 Focus ZXW SES, which just clocked 30K miles [don't drive much when you live in Manhattan].

So, here's my problem:

The manual says that transmission fluid [filter, too, I assume, though the manual doesn't say] should be changed at 30K mile, but only checked if the vehicle has a 4F50N or 4F27E transmission. I have a 4-speed auto tranny with overdrive, but haven't the slightest clue if it's one of those two--neither does Ford's ridiculous on-line chat support guy [Bob], who claimed that my question was out of his scope. WTF!

I'm registered on fordowner.com, which has my VIN, but no obvious link to the information.

Can anyone help?

Schvitz
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement