UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jiezhang8 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308579  
Subject: Help!-problem whit CityBank Visa Date: 6/14/2000 7:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi, I need your help for solving an issue happening to my CityBank Visa Card.

I received voice messages from CityBank days ago, which wanted me call back. When I called back, I was told that I had not paid my bills for three months. Surprising, I found that someone had changed my current CA address to MA without my authorization. Actually, I never heard about the address in MA before. However, my home and work phone number still remained unchanged.

I have not used my CityBank Visa for while. That is the reason I did not realize that I had not received any statement for several months.

After contacted with CityBank customer service, I paid the balance over phone even I had not seen the purchase statement. Next day, I thought the fact might hurt my credit history. So, I called them again, I was told that they had reported to Credit Bureau. After discussed with them, they eventually gave me the number of the operator who changed my address.

I am considering the fact very seriously, because I am planning to buy a house.

Please advise me how to fix the credit history problem. Can I ask CityBank to fix the problem for me?

I also do not understand why they did not contact me by phone before reporting to Credit Bureau, since my home and work phone numbers were changed.

Does this happen all the time? Can I trust CityBank Card? ---I have another CityBank Master Card.

Appreciate any response.

Jay
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LuluB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36566 of 308579
Subject: Re: Help!-problem whit CityBank Visa Date: 6/14/2000 10:16 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hi...

First, be happy CityBank called you at all. If they hadn't you would never have known.

If it is a card that you have not used for a while, I would cancel it (obviously someone got your address changed on it).

I found that someone had changed my current CA address to MA without my authorization. Actually, I never heard about the address in MA before

I would investigate this with CityBank, and be sure to also double-check your MasterCard with them to be sure your address is correct.

If this hurts your credit, you could add a personal note to your credit report explaining the situation. That should not hurt you in the buying of a house. Best to ask a realtor, though.

LuluB

Author: kaplannicole Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36622 of 308579
Subject: Re: Help!-problem whit CityBank Visa Date: 6/15/2000 12:09 PM
Recommendations: 2
Not to scare you, but this could be a clue that someone is tapping into your identity. Identity fraud is a huge problem. I went through this with my cousin three years ago and it took FOREVER to fix.

I suggest you cancel any cards you are not using, and get new copies of your credit report to make sure there are no new cards out there that you don't know about. The scam goes like this:

A credit card slip or receipt is taken and the thief has your credit card number and name. On the internet they find your address, telephone number, AND YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. They can then apply for cards in your name at their address and you never know about it, because the delinquency notices and threatening letters are all going somewhere else.

I personally have changed my driver's license so my SS# is not on it, and have forced all credit card companies, etc. to use a number other than my social as my identifying number. (They fight you, but by law, they have to do this.)

Just my 2 cents...

Nicole

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement