Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21259  
Subject: Help Replicate a Recipe? Date: 11/6/2012 5:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone game to help me replicate a recipe for a raw brownie with vanilla bean cream?

This is from The Plant restaurant. It tastes delicious and it just so happens to comport with all of my eating restrictions (if eaten without the vanilla bean cream).

But it's danged expensive!

Here are the ingredients:

Brownie

walnuts
dates
cocoa powder
sea salt
avocado
agave
coconut oil
vanilla cinnamon

Vanilla cream

cashews
agave
coconut milk
lemon
vanilla
seea salt
soy lecithin
coconut oil

Have fun!
MOI
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21204 of 21259
Subject: Re: Help Replicate a Recipe? Date: 11/6/2012 5:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I found this video which shows how to make a raw brownie and it has a few of the same ingredients:

http://tinyurl.com/afga7or

Now I can just play around with the remaining ingredients and see what I come up with.

MOI

Author: BAMartin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21205 of 21259
Subject: Re: Help Replicate a Recipe? Date: 11/12/2012 12:57 PM
This has some of the same ingredients. I say you should just start some experiments.

http://mynewroots.blogspot.com/2011/04/raw-brownie.html

Author: BAMartin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21206 of 21259
Subject: Re: Help Replicate a Recipe? Date: 11/12/2012 1:01 PM
Here is a vegan vanilla ice cream, looks pretty good.

http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/recipes/raw_vegan_creamy_va...

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21207 of 21259
Subject: Re: Help Replicate a Recipe? Date: 11/12/2012 1:48 PM
This has some of the same ingredients. I say you should just start some experiments.

Yup. I also found a recipe for the icing -- which apparently is where the avocado and coconut milk come in.

I bought pecans and dates at Whole Foods on Friday but didn't have time to experiment over the weekend. Maybe this week. (They were out of walnuts.)

MOI

Author: Leana Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21208 of 21259
Subject: Re: Help Replicate a Recipe? Date: 11/19/2012 2:52 PM
I've made this a couple of times now, replacing the almonds with pecans (personal preference, I hate almond flavor. ( Due to a spoiled Almond Joy bar that I was forced to eat as a child.))

In fact, I'm making a big batch to take to my MIL's for Thanksgiving.

Leana

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21209 of 21259
Subject: Re: Help Replicate a Recipe? Date: 11/25/2012 11:07 AM
How were the raw, gluten-free brownies? I'm guessing they didn't taste like or have the texture of real brownies but were delicious in their own right (nuts and dates--what could be bad?!).

Author: Leana Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21210 of 21259
Subject: Re: Help Replicate a Recipe? Date: 11/25/2012 12:41 PM
How were the raw, gluten-free brownies? I'm guessing they didn't taste like or have the texture of real brownies but were delicious in their own right (nuts and dates--what could be bad?!).

Exactly! I found that the quality of the dates made a big difference. The first trial batch I made I just used regular California dates. The patch I made for Thanksgiving I used organic Medjool dates; they were softer and sweeter and the brownies came out great. The trial batch was good; the Thanksgiving batch, heavenly.

They do have a bit of a raw taste to them for the first bite but after that they are just intense chocolate goodness.

Leana

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21211 of 21259
Subject: Re: Help Replicate a Recipe? Date: 11/26/2012 3:27 PM

Actually, the ones I get at The Plant taste like brownies. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't looked at the ingredients.

MOI

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement