No. of Recommendations: 0
I used to be an employee of a company that I was also a shareholder. At the time, we opened up a SEP IRA and made contributions to it.

I am no longer an employee of this company, yet I am still a shareholder.

What I would like to do is make the maximum contribution to this IRA, or convert it over to the proper type based on my situation now.

I am an independent sales rep now, not employed by anyone.

Mt fear is that time is running out to "clear this up" before the April 15th deadline.

Eventually in the near future, I would like to take control of my taxable account and be more aggressive about it, using the workshop screens to go in and out of positions.

Does anyone have a similar situation whi can help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. As you know, time is of the essence.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.