No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm in the process of converting my former employer based (school-district) Tax Sheltered Annuity to a Roth IRA, and have successfully converted the TSA into a traditional IRA already. Now I'd like to convert the traditional IRA into a Roth, but I'm confused about what it means to "comingle" funds. The conversion paperwork mentioned comingling as a bad thing to do. If I convert the traditional IRA to a Roth, will I be able to continue to add $2000 per year to the Roth as long as I qualify to do so? Is this a sound move considering I'm 28 and currently a poor graduate student. The amount I have to convert is small ($1500).
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.