UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: reverbbrad Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308722  
Subject: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 11:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
What do I do?

This is one of those: 'Why does this happen to me things? I am frustrated, and could use the sound thinking that this board always provides. This is also a cautionary tale!

On March 30th 2001, I got laid off from my job. I went and filed for Unemployment, here in Virginia. I followed the procedures. I was looking very actively for work. I called in every week with my list of resumes sent and interviews attended. I counted myself very lucky that, in a month, I found a comparable job. I called the Employment Commission immediately, and stopped my benefits. My first day was May 1.

The Company that hired me laid me off after 7 weeks. By that time, I had another offer from my search, and was able to start a new job without any down time. Again, I was fortunate. I moved on.

Last week, I got a letter from the Employment Commission, saying that the Company has indicated that I was hired in April, not May. Virginia now wants the money it paid me ($800) for three weeks back.

I called the Employment Commission, who said that I need to either
a) get Company to fix their mistake or
b) provide written documentation of my start date.

I threw out my offer letter a few months after I left the company, since this sort of thing didn't occur to me. Otherwise, I don't really know how to prove I didn't work there.

Can anyone think of what else I might be able to do? Right now, the only thing I can think to do is root around and hope I have an old pay stub, which showed my salary and YTD pay (and do the math backwards to show when I started). I may have kept my final one for tax purposes. But I don't know that that would even be good enough.

Thanks!
-Brad

Now the moral: If you receive unemployment and get a new job, keep that offer letter! If the job doesn't have an offer letter, keep your first pay stub (the one that will show a match between current pay and YTD pay).
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sockwonder Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134257 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 11:20 AM
Recommendations: 0
I have kept all of my offer letters and pay stubs. You should at least keep your paystubs for tax reasons. The IRS has 7 years to come after you for things, so you should keep your paystubs for at least that long. The next time you buy a pair of shoes, you know what to do... How hard would it be to call the company and get a reprint of your offer letter? You know someone has it saved as a Word document somewhere. Or just get your ex-boss or the HR department to write something on company letterhead that specifies your start date.

Author: reverbbrad Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134259 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 11:34 AM
How hard would it be to call the company and get a reprint of your offer letter?

This is my first course of action; I am trying to reach them and get a hold of my documentation (offer letter, maybe even I9, W4 or VA4). But, I haven't been able to reach them so far. I believe they have been bought out by a very large non-local company, and get paperwork on an employee of 7 weeks from an acquired company may prove challenging.

I will be keeping my stubs from here on forward, I suppose.

Thanks,
Brad

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134263 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 11:59 AM
The next time you buy a pair of shoes, you know what to do...

What is that supposed to mean?

Author: sockwonder Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134274 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 1:06 PM
What is that supposed to mean?

LOL Save the shoebox to keep paystubs in.

- Ken who must be on his own wavelength today

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134283 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 2:10 PM
Oh, you're a GUY...

Shoe boxes are for SHOES!!!!

frissy
who has 8 shoeboxes in her closet, but they all contain SHOES!

Author: sockwonder Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134290 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 2:34 PM
Oh, you're a GUY... Shoe boxes are for SHOES!!!!

LOL! The shoebox is lucky if it holds the shoes until I get home from the store! When I was a kid, I'd wear my new sneaks right out of the store. Now I'm more reserved, and will wait until I get to my car to change! I probably have 8 shoeboxes in various closets, and they all have papers in them! One for snowboarding catalogues and magazines. One for product manuals for all of our stuff. One for my work benefits info. One for my bank statements, unused checks and registers and canceled checks.... the list goes on.

Author: LuluB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134293 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 2:39 PM
frissy, I like to buy clear plastic containers for my shoes. That way I can see the shoes before I take them out of the closet, since you cannot see through a shoebox. But most of my shoes are just in the closet without any shoebox or clear case.

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134296 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 2:45 PM
But you don't wear strappy sandals, or suede heels, or strappy suede high heeled sandals (I hope!)

My shoes would be toast after a month in my closet with all the other shoes scuffing them up.

Plus, I have lots more floor space in my closet for sorting dirty clothes, and the above my head shelf is way better for selecting which shoes I am going to wear, rather than trying to sort through a disorganized jumble of straps, heels, and laces, and the occasional stray pair of underpants that missed the hamper, all while trying not to get a run in my pantyhose.....

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134297 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 2:46 PM
There is a picture and a written description on the side of the shoe box, which, believe me, is a whole lot better than thinking you are grabbing black shoes in the dark and finding yourself at church in head to toe black and navy shoes....

8-0

Author: wrnglrjan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134298 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 2:49 PM
There is a picture and a written description on the side of the shoe box, which, believe me, is a whole lot better than thinking you are grabbing black shoes in the dark and finding yourself at church in head to toe black and navy shoes....

Or at work dressed in your uniform of a black skirt, dark hose, white shirt, green vest and .....

one black flat and one purple one.

Jan
who, fortunately, no longer has to be at work at 6:45 a.m.

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134300 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 2:55 PM
When I was in 6th grade, I lived in a very poor neighborhood, and I was one of the poorest kids there....

I showed up one day, not only in my nightshirt (which happened to be a very comfortable (very worn!) Duran Duran T-shirt that I forgot to change after I pulled on my jeans!), but also with one black generic "Ked" and one navy one....

I spent the whole day in my coat standing on one leg....

Author: Stockbuyer2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134303 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 3:09 PM
reverbbrad

I just had a thought. You might try your bank deposits or bank statements. If you could show that your first deposit was in May and explain that your having trouble getting the records from the company, they might give you some kind of extension to pay until you can get the records. A middle or late May first deposit might work. Sorry to not be more help.

Stockbuyer2

Author: rah1420 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134309 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 3:57 PM
bt, dt. Had a Very Important Meeting in NYC with the head high mucky-mucks at Merrill Lynch. Got on the train in Peapack-Gladstone NJ for the 1.5 hour train ride into the city. By the time I got to Summit, I happened to look down and see one brown and one black shoe.

Author: dsemmler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134321 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 5:37 PM
Can anyone think of what else I might be able to do? Right now, the only thing I can think to do is root around and hope I have an old pay stub, which showed my salary and YTD pay (and do the math backwards to show when I started). I may have kept my final one for tax purposes. But I don't know that that would even be good enough.

I was going to suggest the paystub as an alternate means to show when you had started. Was this for 2001 or 2002? You mentioned you were laid off in 2001 but are they coming at you for money from last year or this year. If last year, I am wondering what took them so long to catch the supposed error.

If it is this year, why are you not keeping paystubs for at least the current year? Maybe the company listed your start date as the date you accepted the offer, even if you didn't start for two additional weeks? Could that be possible.

I would think that you can get the company records of your tenure but you may need to resort to an attorney if they are not willing to assist you. Hope it all works out...

DT

Author: dsemmler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134329 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/23/2002 6:02 PM
Or at work dressed in your uniform of a black skirt, dark hose, white shirt, green vest and .....

one black flat and one purple one.

Jan
who, fortunately, no longer has to be at work at 6:45 a.m.

I am SOOOO glad I am a man and have 1 pair of work/dress shoes and 1 pair of athletic shoes. Life seems so simple....

DT

Author: Nugget94M Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134442 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/24/2002 4:28 PM
Recommendations: 2
But most of my shoes are just in the closet without any shoebox or clear case.

As a guy, most of my shoes are on my feet.

Author: Wolfshead56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134526 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/25/2002 1:29 PM
As a guy most of mine are under the bed or scattered around the house depending on when the last time I felt ambitious enough to collect them and put them back under the bed. <G>

herb

Author: LadyIanna Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134615 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/25/2002 9:47 PM
**LOL! The shoebox is lucky if it holds the shoes until I get home from the store! When I was a kid, I'd wear my new sneaks right out of the store. Now I'm more reserved, and will wait until I get to my car to change! I probably have 8 shoeboxes in various closets, and they all have papers in them! One for snowboarding catalogues and magazines. One for product manuals for all of our stuff. One for my work benefits info. One for my bank statements, unused checks and registers and canceled checks.... the list goes on. **

wow - most people just buy a filing cabinet. (or at least a plastic crate)

Shoeboxes are definatly for shoes, not that they ever make it back there except for cleaning day, and that only lasts about 2 days, and one frantic night of "I can't find a thing to wear and I'm already and hour late!!" (and damn, this skirt fit last week, why doesn't it fit now!!)

but this doesn't solve the original problem.

I personally keep every paystub I get. (since my hours vary, I have spreadsheet that helps me calculate exactly what my paycheck is going to be so I can budget. but that's a whole 'nother story.) If you aren't successful in getting them on the phone, I would think a little trot down to their office, and a knock on the door would be in order. If they have disappeared, then I'm wondering if the IRS might have some info. Even though, they reported to Unemployment that you started working in April, does not necessarily mean that Unemployment got that info from the IRS. Government agencies are notoriously, ....not connected? (for lack of a better phrase.) Also, did the company do their own payroll? If it was done by a service such as ADP, or Paychex, they may have a record of it. Another idea, would be if you knew what bank the checks were written on. (kind of a long shot.) If you had a standard amount, you might be able to convince them to convey to look at their records and make copies of the checks that they cashed for you. (Banks love to keep copies of stuff on film.) I don't know how many of these things you can do legally, but hey, it's always worth a shot. The worst they can do is say no.

I've been the unemployment route. It can be a sticky business. Keep records of _everything_. I just last week had to claim partial unemployment because my boss decided to lay me off, because he closed down for two weeks. (He wanted to go to Florida.) I'm waiting now to get slammed because he will probably fill out the paperwork wrong that gets sent back to him to verify that I didn't work. (btw, I'm the one who sends off the payroll to the payroll service.) (Can I report on myself?? or is that not Kosher?) Anyway -- I made more on the partial unemployment than I have in the past weeks working. (go figure.) And although it was only $100 a week, It would be difficult for me to pay it back. (okay, so I really don't need to eat 2 meals a day, I can get by with one. And they say it's hard to loose weight!) <8^P

Point of all this? Damned if I know, but good luck and keep at it. Even if you have to call the sister of the secretary to the former accountant, you'll find the info eventually.

Lady I.

Author: LadyIanna Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134617 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/25/2002 9:52 PM

** Plus, I have lots more floor space in my closet for sorting dirty clothes, and the above my head shelf is way better for selecting which shoes I am going to wear, **

Hey Frissy -

Didn't anyone ever tell you it's bad luck to keep your shoes over your head? (don't know where that originated, but I'm guessing it was the dutch with the wooden shoes. It's gotta hurt when one falls on your head!)

<8^)

Lady I.

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134642 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/26/2002 11:08 AM
I think it's worse luck for dirty underwear to fall on your head, LOL!

Author: LadyIanna Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134651 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/26/2002 12:12 PM

**I think it's worse luck for dirty underwear to fall on your head, LOL! **

I guess it all depends on whose it is, and how it got there. (ie was it thrown?) <,^)

Lady I needs ....(insert X rated comment here)

*blush*

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134657 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/26/2002 1:08 PM
I guess it all depends on whose it is, and how it got there. (ie was it thrown?)

No it wouldn't be thrown. If I'm storing my shoes on the floor, I would have to sort my laundry on the shelves above my head....

Author: KimShea Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134715 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/26/2002 11:41 PM
b) provide written documentation of my start date.

I have to make people provide proof of income all the time at my job. They are probably getting your hire date from a Virginia Internal Revenue new hire database type thing. This is similar to the system that is used to alert the County Clerk's office when someone has started a new job and they need to set up paycheck garnishment for child support payments. It is frequently full of errors. It is really not that big a deal. What I would suggest is contacting your previous employer and requesting a print-out of your income from when you worked there. They may also be able to provide you a letter or statement that will show your date hired. Both of these should be more than sufficient written documentation for the UCB office.

K.

Author: Booa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134816 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/29/2002 4:34 AM
I read this unthreaded, and I read the post first and then the topic. It made me laugh. (Maybe it's just really late at night...)

--Booa (would hope Wolfshead would cash those unemployment checks, rather than keep them under the bed!)

Author: Neglectarino Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134993 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/30/2002 4:15 PM
Just catching up...

Got on the train in Peapack-Gladstone NJ for the 1.5 hour train ride into the city.

rah1420:

I grew up in that area! Up the road from Gill/St. Bernard's on the Chester side of the Morris/Somerset County border. Worked for years at what used to be the Brass Penny (now Chatfield's). Mom still in Chester, Grandma in Bernardsville. Lived in Peapack for a while. Visit the Far Hills Rummage sale every fall. Where are you located? Small world, indeed!

FWIW, I give you credit. That hellish train ride will break your spirit. 1.5 hours? You're being conservative.

-Neglectarino

emailed & posted

Author: rah1420 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135047 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/30/2002 11:39 PM
1.5 hours? You're being conservative.

Heh. I always made it a point to take the express train. And I always got on at HappyRock, so that if I fell asleep I wouldn't miss the station stop (Gladstone is the terminus of that NJTransit line, if anybody cares.)

I went to West Morris Central HS, my M-I-L still lives behind the Shop-Rite in Chester. My brother is still a Chester Twp. sergeant.

Me? I moved to Northampton County (Bushkill Township, to be precise) in PA about 15 years ago.

That hellish train ride will break your spirit.

Tell me about it. Luckily I worked at the Merrill Lynch facility in Somerset most of the time, but about once every month it seemed like I spent anywhere from a day to a week at the West St. data center, on the West Side highway. NJ Transit to Hoboken, to the PATH tubes to Christopher St. and three blocks' walk to the data center. Ugh.

Now I'm a 20 minute car ride from the office. I'd leave heel marks on the carpet if they tried to get me out of there.

Author: Neglectarino Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135086 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/31/2002 9:40 AM
Ok, this is weird--all sorts of connections here.

When did you graduate? I graduated in 1983 from WMCHS. I had a sister who graduated a year later. My other siblings ended up at Mendham as did most of the Chester kids at that point.

There's a "Peach Festival" this Sat. at the church on Main St. (the one down the street from Pleasant Pools & The Public House). They sell all sorts of used books, homemade jellies & pies & have a pretty decent auction.

The company I work for owns those Atrium properties in Somerset. The ML office no longer leases the space--they moved to Hopewell (I have a friend there).

-Neglectarino
gonna get some used books--yay!

emailed & posted

Author: Wolfshead56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135169 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/31/2002 4:58 PM
Booa

That was the shoes I was referring to <G> Luckily I haven't had to worry about cashing UE checks in over 12 years now but belive me they would be cashed if i was getting them

herb

Author: Booa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135198 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 7/31/2002 7:07 PM
Yeah, I finally figured it out, but I had a very silly mental image in the meantime...;)

Maybe it's just the huge amount of time I spend collecting things and jamming them back where they belong, like my son's rapidly expanding Star Wars Lego collection. I could just see myself absentmindedly collecting unemployment checks from all over the house and stuffing them under the bed...

--Booa

Author: rah1420 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135264 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 8/1/2002 2:09 AM
When did you graduate? I graduated in 1983 from WMCHS. I had a sister who graduated a year later. My other siblings ended up at Mendham as did most of the Chester kids at that point.

cue Twilight Zone theme

I graduated in 1978. My wife is WMCHS 1981, as is my bro the Chester Twp. cop. I have another brother who now lives in Roanoke, who graduated in 1983 -- I think. (Score -1000 for not knowing when your brother's birth year is. :-{) I think he's about 5 years younger than I, so the math works.

Do you get up on wmchs.org? There's an alumni page there.

There's a "Peach Festival" this Sat. at the church on Main St. (the one down the street from Pleasant Pools & The Public House). They sell all sorts of used books, homemade jellies & pies & have a pretty decent auction.

Yeah, we're going to miss it this year but we usually go. We have a previous engagement.

The company I work for owns those Atrium properties in Somerset. The ML office no longer leases the space--they moved to Hopewell (I have a friend there).

All of the offices? I thought they held onto 500 Atrium Drive. I used to work in 300 Atrium Drive.

Author: rah1420 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135265 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 8/1/2002 2:12 AM
BTW, I see you went to Rutgers...

Which school? I attended -- but did not graduate -- Cook College.
I'm now making up for that by going to Muhlenberg College in Allentown, hoping to get my degree sometime in 2004.

Author: Neglectarino Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135289 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 8/1/2002 10:33 AM
Well, then, your DW should know Mike DeNardis--he graduated the same year she did. I'm close to his sister. He's now chief or captain or something of the Schooley's Mtn. fire co. They are pretty much the only two people I speak with from HS. (Lost touch with others, moved on life-wise, you know the drill.) If your brother went to Chester schools, someone in my family will know him. I'm the eldest of 5. If he went to LV schools, it's still possible I've met him if he graduated before 1984--I was fairly active on yearbook in HS. Kinda surprising considering how uninvolved I am in alumni-related stuff.

I haven't gone to the web site. I'll check it out.

Re: ML & the Atriums, to the best of my knowledge, ML is completely out. I handle the financials here (fun with the 10Q right now), and don't recall seeing ML as a tenant in any of the property tables. I live down near Somerset, too, due to Rutgers. Won't be buying a house there though--too congested.

I was an undergrad at Rutgers College--since I paid my way & took time off to work, etc. I didn't get my BA until 1992. I took a grad course as a non-matriculated student to get a nice recommendation from a senior prof, who in turn suggested I apply for the graduate program there as well. So, I didn't end up travelling very far.

Well. That's that. Who woulda thunk it!

-Neglectarino

emailed & posted

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135474 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 8/3/2002 2:31 AM
But you don't wear strappy sandals, or suede heels, or strappy suede high heeled sandals (I hope!)

My shoes would be toast after a month in my closet with all the other shoes scuffing them up.

Plus, I have lots more floor space in my closet for sorting dirty clothes, and the above my head shelf is way better for selecting which shoes I am going to wear, rather than trying to sort through a disorganized jumble of straps, heels, and laces, and the occasional stray pair of underpants that missed the hamper, all while trying not to get a run in my pantyhose.....

I must be weird.

My daily use shoes, the three or four pairs I wear all the time, are on a rack near the front door so I just grab them on the way out. Chandra's, too. The couple of pairs of dressy shoes and boots I don't wear often are in one of those cubby hole thingys that hang from the closet rod.

The shoe boxes in my house contain:

small "open court" reading books from kindergarten and 1st grade (Chandra's)

art supplies (chandra)

Craft supplies, paints, thread, embossing stuff, pens, etc (me)

Leather working tools (my grandfather's; haven't used them yet.)

Ishtar

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135519 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 8/3/2002 11:29 PM

Lady I

Lady Ianna, huh? Like the name.

Ishtar

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135526 of 308722
Subject: Re: Help! Unemployment Checks Date: 8/4/2002 12:03 AM
My daily use shoes, the three or four pairs I wear all the time, are on a rack near the front door so I just grab them on the way out. Chandra's, too. The couple of pairs of dressy shoes and boots I don't wear often are in one of those cubby hole thingys that hang from the closet rod.

Not weird, just:

1. A mom.

2. Not living in a studio apartment with only one closet.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement