No. of Recommendations: 0
Warning: NOVICE! NOVICE !NOVICE! NOVICE!
I'm curious about which funds I should be investing in for my mutual fund accounts.

A note: I have just finished(and thoroughly enjoyed)the Motley Fool Investment Guide and I am just starting to organize myself for the trip into stock investments. However, I still have about 13 months before all of my debts are paid off and so I am not in position to make major investments at this time. What I would like to do is find the best mutual funds to invest in.

I am currently making monthly deposits into my IRA which was started through an agent of Primerica. The funds that I'm invested into are AIM Constellation -Class A(002) and AIM Charter-Class A(010). This is a fund I do not plan to touch for a minimum of 30 years.

My husband and I also have a "emergency/house/travel" fund invested in the following mutual funds:
AIM Weingarten,AIM Charter, AIM International Equity, AIM High Yield and AIM Capital Development. This is a fund that we will probably want to liquidate in about 2-3 years.

My question(yes! I'm finally getting to it)pertains to the Vanguard Index Fund which I read about in the book. Should I be speaking to my agent about moving our money into the Vanguard Index Funds? Can an agent of Primerica have access to the Vanguard Funds?

Any and all information would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement