Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
hempets - - Real campaign finance reform, so that we end up with real choices, not just a false "choice" between two corporate-sanctioned puppet candidates who agree on most issues and limit their platforms to issues that fit the agenda of Corporate America.

================*=================

I agree with your thoughtful list of issues, however until the above issue comes to fruition, I fear the other issues listed as well as others that I could add will probably remain status quo, at best.

You may or may not be younger than I am. I grew up in the fifties & sixties, and I would have drawn up a similar list 30 years ago; except the Social Security issue (who knew then?), and I would've added "get out of Vietnam".

While there have been a few gains in some specific isolated areas, IMO we've gone backwards in others. And while I do remain optimistic overall, that central core of optimism is over-layered year after year with a healthy coat of politicial cynicism. Yes, the U.S. economy is better than I would have guessed, but at what cost to fragile mother earth and her children?

Voting is an obligation, and then hope for the best outcome.

Just Sign Me . . . Passing The Torch, But Not the Responsibility
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement