Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
So, my MIL is in town "helping" with our 1mo daughter.

OK, so my MIL is really in town to see the new grandchild.

Anyway, she and my wife were talking last night, and it came up that we are serious about homeschooling our children. I'm not sure how she missed this, as it's come up before, but she acted like this was the first time she'd heard as much.

So, of course, the socialization canard (particularly wrt high school) was the first thing to fall from MIL's lips. Then, to my wife's surprise, she found herself explaining why she wasn't concerned and why it would work.

This is great, as initially, my wife wasn't jazzed about homeschooling, having serious reservations about socialization, curriculum, general ability to do it, &c. She read "The Well-Trained Mind" and was really reassured both by the arguements in favor of homeschooling articulated, and by the sample schedules. So, for her to have gone from undecided/skeptical to being ready enough to make arguements for, is a beautiful thing, imo.

I dub me, "Palpatine's Apprentice". hehehe.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement