Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: malcolmcochran Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1173  
Subject: here come de heavies Date: 1/8/2004 11:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
on Fool "News" link, we see (this impressive news):

Macromedia (NASDAQ:MACR) today announced the appointment of Juha Christensen as president of its mobile and devices business unit. Christensen recently served as corporate vice president of the mobile devices division at Microsoft Corporation, building Microsoft's franchise in the mobile industry. Before joining Microsoft, Christensen co-founded Symbian Ltd., a joint venture between Nokia, Ericsson, Sony-Ericsson, Matsushita, Samsung, Siemens, and Psion, whose cross-vendor operating system is emerging as an industry standard. Previously Juha worked at Psion Plc., bringing out some of the first PDAs in the industry.
"Juha Christensen brings entrepreneurial leadership, an amazing track record with mobility, and clear vision to our growing mobile and devices business," said Rob Burgess, chairman and CEO, Macromedia. "As president of this important division, Juha will help Macromedia lead the field in delivering innovative and practical solutions for this fast-growing industry."

"While researching for a start-up this fall, I came across Macromedia and was incredibly impressed with the people, the technologies, and the strength of the authoring community. I joined the company because Macromedia is uniquely positioned to deliver the experience layer that will 'light up' next generation mobile devices with exciting consumer services, applications, and content," said Juha Christensen, president of mobile and devices, Macromedia. "I'm excited about leading the development of a rich set of solutions that enable mobile services to be created by a wide range of individuals and companies. Our solutions will be aimed at anyone from the professional content developer to the individual who, without programming skills, wants to reach out and connect with people within their wireless communities."

It goes on...

I'm impressed.

Malc
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement