UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1656  
Subject: Here I go again Date: 11/20/2000 10:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Well,

I think I posted something similar on this board over a year ago, but here goes again...

I quit my job last week, and plan to commit myself to pursuing a sustainable business career. The difference this time, is that I have already started the planning to open a Sustainable Business consulting firm based in San Francisco.

A few colleagues and I got together all day Saturday and listed several new business possibilities, and decided that with our consulting experience, a professional services firm would be the lowest risk, and have the lowest barriers to entry. So away we go!

Our specialty is Product Development/Innovation and Operations/Business Process. Several of us have done this type of work in a consulting capacity for 15+ years. This is also a perfect service to help companies implement The Natural Step framework into their businesses. We plan to base our methodology heavily on TNS and the principles of Natural Capitalism.

So, as we smoke out the details of our service offerings and work on the value propositions we will offer our clients, I'm looking for a few aspiring sustainable companies that would be interested in talking to us to us about starting a pilot project.

Does anyone here work for a company that has a few broken, inefficient, and unsustainable processes ("low hanging fruit") that we could come in and fix? Or, does anyone work for a company that might have some interest in learning about the Natural Step and sustainability?

What new business ideas are purcolating out there on this board these days? It's been very quiet, and I'm hoping to open up and expand the discussions here once again.

Looking forward to any feedback.

Thanks,
Chris
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement