Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: MoeBruin Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49824  
Subject: Re: Iger's response to Markey Date: 2/5/2013 1:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Here is a link to an article that includes the full response:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/disney-bob-iger-magicband-co...

Personally I am fine with the response and don't agree with your interpretation.

First like happens many times these days with Congressman they tend to showboat and based on Iger's account of what happened this was totally showboating. I mean come on didn't your Mom even teach you that you ask a person for something in private first before you make a public specticle of yourself. If Iger had been approached but this committee and turned them down you would have a point but apparently nobody ever contacted Iger or Disney before going to the press with a letter.

Second Disney is in the children business this is their audience. So when a Congressman starts accusing Disney of exploiting Children they are basically saying this company that is about making kids happy and giving kids wonderful experiences is really using and abusing them that is a serious inference. I think that the best response Disney could make to such a charge is to come off strong. Disney can not let it float around the underground and rumor mills of mothers that you better watch out for Disney because they are going to track your child, get all sorts of information on them and then exploit them. So I say I am glad that Iger stood up to the showboating Congress.

Now if Congress really had any real concerns they have the power to fire right back at Iger and get the information and do what is needed to protect children and the public at large. But my guess is that I am guessing this showboating Congressman is embarassed and will probably go and hide and realize his showboat didn't work today.

Moe
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement