Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Here is a quote that worries me:

"If we have taken the position as home-schoolers that government schools are bad for us morally, socially, and academically, how can we support a position that will help get kids back in the system part-time or anytime? We can't sacrifice our children for sports, electives, or even academics." - Yvonne Bunn, executive director of the Home Educators Association of Virginia

No offense, I homeschool because I feel AT THIS TIME it is the best method of learning for my daughter. If I decide to use the school part time to augment her education, there should be nothing wrong with using any and all resources available.

In my opinion Homeschooling is about making the best educational choices for your children. It is not an All or nothing proposal. If I chose to let my daughter partipate in public school programs, there is nothing wrong with choosing to do so.

When a person makes a statement like this, it is no longer about what is best for thier children, it's a political agenda.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement