Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: seansan Three stars, 500 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 243  
Subject: Here to learn more Date: 3/16/2001 1:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Greetings Siemens Fools(all two of you)!

Thank you Anibaldo for requesting this board, as I have been looking forward to Siemens listing in the US. I fear I am not terribly knowledgeable about the company yet. But I have begun my research. My 2000 Annual Report (year-ending Sept.) was requested today, and my printer is busy spewing out the 2001 Q1 Press Release as I type this.

The reasons for my intrest in Siemens are several.

I think European companies as a whole will benefit in the future, perhaps realizing greater gains than their American counterparts. The Euro still has room to grow, and I don't see Europe following the US economic slump. At least not to the same dramatic extent.

Siemens appears very diversified, more General Electric than Nokia. Thus, I would think it would offer a bit more stability without too much sacrifice in growth.

I want to diversify into several European nations. Currently, I only have intrests in Finland. I feel more comfoftable in nations like Germany or The Netherlands, with less governmental interference, than I would in Spain, Italy, or even France.

I am still very ignorant in regards to this company, and I would appreciate help in learning. I will do the best I can. As I said, I've only begun my research, but perhaps I can offer up some questions.

What exactly is Infineon, and why is it seperated in the Financial Statements?

In what foreign(non-German) countries is the most growth currently taking place? In what business segments? Do we predict this to continue?

US President Bush has stated he wants a stronger Euro. Should the Euro rise significantly(say 1 to 1 vs. the $), would this seriously impact revenues?

Again, I'm sorry to offer more questions than answers, but perhaps creating a dialogue on some of these issues could draw a greater audience to this board.

Looking forward to any response, and to learning more about Siemens.

seansan

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement