Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 436646  
Subject: Here's an idea Date: 10/5/2012 10:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I’ve been “floating” this idea for some time now and glad to see someone in the Netherlands was also. If the mean old white men in the US Congress with their mean old white billionaires are able to overturn Roe v. Wade, women organizations in the US need to equip a boat as a floating women’s clinic, put it in international waters off the coast of the US, and ferry women in need of a safe, legal abortion out to it. In international waters, the US government doesn’t have one GD say about it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/dutch-abortion-ship...

(however, that requires women to get off their apathetic @$$es and actually do something!!)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410379 of 436646
Subject: Re: Here's an idea Date: 10/5/2012 10:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 41
I think *we* should put in the ground and make it clear that womens' rights are a wedge issue for us, just like guns and abortion are wedge issues for many conservatives.

Abortion rights and contraceptive rigths are not just womens' rights. They are human rights. On some issues, we need to make it clear that we are just as *unreasonable* as conservatives because they are moral issues that cannot allow compromise. Women should not have to be towed out on an effing boat - another version of the back of the bus - to have an abortion. Ever.

If you are a female and vote Republican this year, you are a traitor.

Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410387 of 436646
Subject: Re: Here's an idea Date: 10/5/2012 10:48 AM
Recommendations: 3
Christian terrorists would blow it up within a month.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410398 of 436646
Subject: Re: Here's an idea Date: 10/5/2012 11:31 AM
If you are a female and vote Republican this year, you are a traitor.

Or irretrievably stupid.

I've said it before, a woman voting Republican at this point in history is comparable to a black man voting for a Grand Wizard of the KKK.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410445 of 436646
Subject: Re: Here's an idea Date: 10/5/2012 4:13 PM
a boat wouldn't much help a poor woman in Missouri

/-:

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410451 of 436646
Subject: Re: Here's an idea Date: 10/5/2012 5:34 PM
Recommendations: 0
They could hitch a ride with Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410460 of 436646
Subject: Re: Here's an idea Date: 10/5/2012 5:55 PM
I’ve been “floating” this idea for some time now and glad to see someone in the Netherlands was also. If the mean old white men in the US Congress with their mean old white billionaires are able to overturn Roe v. Wade, women organizations in the US need to equip a boat as a floating women’s clinic, put it in international waters off the coast of the US, and ferry women in need of a safe, legal abortion out to it. In international waters, the US government doesn’t have one GD say about it.

Or we could vigorously protect our current laws and defend a woman's right to control her own body using the existing health care facilities we have now.

Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410517 of 436646
Subject: Re: Here's an idea Date: 10/7/2012 12:56 PM
women organizations in the US need to equip a boat as a floating women’s clinic, put it in international waters off the coast of the US..

Better still: there should be a flotilla of cruise ships stationed all around the United States. They should be manned (or should I say personned) by conservatives.

They could guard our country against furriners. And new ideas. The conservatives could be ferried back and forth, so that they could come here once and a while to make sure that nobody changed the Constitution, that everybody is praying in school, and that there are enough guns to go around.

Seriously, this country is OURS.....it does not belong to conservatives who run around waving the flag (that's why the opening to Steven Colbert's show is great).

Jack

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement