UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dianakalt Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308369  
Subject: Here's Hoping, Part 2 Date: 5/25/2001 10:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all,

I passed the phone interview yesterday and will be having a face-to-face interview with the firm I mentioned yesterday. There is a bit of a problem though--I happen to know there are very few candidates for this position and they want to fill it quickly. Therefore, if they want me to work for them, I will probably know very, very soon.

What's the problem, you might ask? I'm not at all sure I WANT this position. I think it might be a little farther over my head than I'm ready for, considering the department is small and there are very few people to support the system. Also the firm is the result of a merger which was fairly recent, meaning there is still that standard confused environment which results after a merger.

Why am I worried about it? Because I am TERRIFIED that I will get offered this job and reject it and not find something else for MONTHS AND MONTHS. Perhaps I'm being irrational, I don't know. I do have some pretty good marketable skills, but I am still worried. One of my friends told me "oh, just take it and then leave in a few months if you don't like it" but I've ALREADY been laid off twice--I DON'T want to go looking for work for the THIRD time in just a year!

Help me out here guys! I need a little emotional support!

d
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement