No. of Recommendations: 0
Here's my I/should I setup a Roth account and should I be doing this jointly with my husband or just in my name?

A Roth is an Individual Retirement Account and thus must be in your name only.

Since your husband is contibuting to his 401K then he probably can not participate in a deductible traditional IRA. So if you are both going to have IRAs then it only makes sense that he open a ROTH as well.

There are many boards here that will help clarify your confusion regarding IRAs. The important thing to remember is that you must have one in each of your names individually. As far as options about your IRAs they are almost limitless.

Good luck to all.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.