A Fool (subscriber to RYR and SA) seeks support from fellow retirees:My dad, a great businessman and stock picker (and generous!), bought Hershey years ago in my name, along with several other solid companies (no funds). Until his death in May/04, he managed the portfolio with great success.Knowing absolutely nothing about investing when he died, I have taken it on myself to learn, learn, learn everything I can, to try to make some informed decisions, especially since I am retired and this is my sole income source for the rest of my life. Motley Fool has been my greatest teacher here and I am really enjoying the process.Now, I have a very large position in HSY which represents waaay too many eggs in that sweet basket. After watching it ride up last year, I now see it coming back down. If I weren't already so heavily invested, I'd probably see this as an opportunity to buy more shares in what I still believe is a great company.However, given my situation, I've decided to gradually sell some HSY using dollar cost averaging, in order to buy a few TMF recommendations, both to diversify and to get to a better asset allocation (am 95% invested in just 4 stocks!).Yesterday, I placed a limit order to sell at $55.00. I know how bad (and futile) it is to try to time the market, but I don't want that order just hanging out there as HSY continues to decline (closed at $54.40 today). Don't know whether to re-do the order with a limit of $54.00 or wait and see if it gets to $55~~?Long story, but would appreciate the support of the usual Foolish wisdom here.Thanks in advance ~~Good Year Wishes to All!P.S. have also posted this on HSY board
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Ra