UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: He's Still Got It Date: 2/18/2001 11:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Went to Jimmy's concert last night. He's still got the magic. A great time was had by one and all. And yes, I had a cheeseburger before going.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SSchey Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 220 of 381
Subject: Re: He's Still Got It Date: 2/18/2001 3:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
He will be playing here Thursday and I am looking forward to it. We have a pre-concert party planned at Newk's Bar before the show, and the mayor will again declare it to be Tampa Bay Parrot Heads in Paradise Day. (It happens every year). Cptn. Tony will be joining us for the show again this year, so it should be another great time.

Fins up!

Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 221 of 381
Subject: Re: He's Still Got It Date: 2/18/2001 6:14 PM
I'm jealous guys...JB isn't coming up this way till Labor Day. This is the setlist for the show ResNullius went to according to www.cobo.org:

Great Heart
Knees of my Heart
Volcano
Changes in Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes
Off to see the Lizard
Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Looking Back
Come Monday
Who's the Blonde Stranger?
Holiday
Southern Cross
One Particular Harbour

No Woman No Cry
That's What Living Is To Me
Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Island

Why Don't We Get Drunk
We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About
Gypsies in the Palace
Fins
Brown Eyed Girl
Margaritaville

???? new song
Boat Drinks
Another Saturday Night
A Pirate Looks At Forty

Sounds like a great show!

-Gekko II

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 222 of 381
Subject: Re: He's Still Got It Date: 2/18/2001 6:51 PM
Why Don't We Get Drunk, and screw.

This was a big hit. He left the stage and walked through the crowd on the floor, letting beautiful young things sing the refrain. Of course, Fins also was a big crowd pleaser. The guy can still really play the guitar. Of course, the crowd went nuts over Changes, the Lizard, Chesseburger, Petits Enfants, Come Monday, Brown Eyed Girl, and Margaritaville. It was very cold outside, so it certainly wasn't a "summer" concert, but Jimmy certainly warmed up the crowd. He seemed to have as good a time as the folks in the audience. I was there with a bunch of middle aged farts, like myself, reliving our younger days.

Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 225 of 381
Subject: Re: He's Still Got It Date: 2/19/2001 8:41 AM
Sounds like a great show. I was glad to see "A Pirate Looks At 40" made the set list. The rumor is that JB will be in Massachussetts for Labor Day Weekend with Don Henley opening up for him, which I think would be quite a show.

-Gekko II
Writing from a place where it was 20 below this weekend.

Author: heybethpdx Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 233 of 381
Subject: Re: He's Still Got It Date: 2/19/2001 7:33 PM
I'm *really* jealous - I'm in Oregon and he very very rarely plays here as far as I can tell. When I moved here in '96 there was a show that Sept/Oct...but it was in an indoor arena and wasn't sold out even with mere weeks to go before the show. Coming from 5 years in a row of shows in New England, esp. the shows in Massachusetts that sell out in mere hours, I thought that was wimpy and figured the audience wouldn't be any fun. How I regret that because I haven't had a chance to see him since.

:(

Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 234 of 381
Subject: Re: He's Still Got It Date: 2/19/2001 8:16 PM
That stinks...Any good Parrothead Clubs in Oregon? If so, you guys should petition JB to come visit you in the Pacific Northwest. It sounds like he's due.

Gekko II

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 236 of 381
Subject: Re: He's Still Got It Date: 2/20/2001 7:21 AM
I saw JB in Philadelphia at a small outdoor theater that sat maybe 500 people. It was great. The guy I went with is now my husband and it was one of our first dates. Good memories.

InParadise

Author: ParrotHeadFred One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 273 of 381
Subject: Re: He's Still Got It Date: 2/28/2001 9:31 PM
Recommendations: 1
Where did you see him??? I've been fortunate enough to catch him every year for about the past 9 (I actually missed him in '96 but saw him twice in '97 to make up for it)

Always like to hear the reviews.

LDBW...

PhF

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement