Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dtoleno Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 115  
Subject: Hess purchase Date: 7/11/2001 11:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am somewhat new to stock trading. What happens when one company buys another? Do our shares get automatically sold? or do we automatically get shares of Hess after the purchase? Can we expect the stock price to stay where it is since Hess has set a per share price?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: nelliebell99 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 111 of 115
Subject: Re: Hess purchase Date: 7/16/2001 9:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Ola, I could be completely incorrect about this but i understood that it was basically a done deal, tht OIL accepted the $45 per share and that it was only a matter of time until OIL is absorbed into the Hess Co. I was thrilled to sell at $44.50 in case the Hess Co backed out removing their offer and have the stock end up @ $30 again. I've made so many mistakes of not selling when I should have, I wasn't going to miss this opportunity.

Author: filcro Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 113 of 115
Subject: Re: Hess purchase Date: 7/17/2001 2:47 PM
Good try!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement