Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: danshep Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 33  
Subject: Hey, anybody out there? Date: 2/20/1998 4:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I caught site of Keebler fairly early and decided to track it. Having always liked their little elves and the cookies are pretty darn good, I thought maybe this would be the one "long shot" in my portfolio.

After all, everyone needs at least ONE stock which is a gamble, right? Maybe it will propel me into Warren Buffet-dom. Right?

Anyway, who else out there is going to take a shot with these guys?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: patientdad Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 33
Subject: Re: Hey, anybody out there? Date: 2/20/1998 6:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
This board just came online from what I can tell. I work for a packaging machinery company and we count Keebler as one of our customers. I am also in the process of watching this stock. Since going public a little while ago, they do have money for upgrading some of their production lines. We are providing some of the equipment.

I also love their products and will continue to watch how things go for awhile. Pricewise, the stock seems like a good buy, but I will wait a little longer before I take the plunge. Don't know if the stock will climb rapidly as KBL is a fairly conservative company. Time will tell. Fool on.

patientdad

Author: kvanledtje Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 33
Subject: Re: Hey, anybody out there? Date: 3/24/1998 7:24 AM
Hey Dan!

I just got a password for this board. I, too own KBL. Bought pretty close to IPO (I bougt at 29). I did some research on the company, and it seems like a good long-termer to me.

Just thought I'd drop you a note and let you know there's another Fool that thinks like you do.

Karl

Author: MtnOpportunist Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 33
Subject: Re: Hey, anybody out there? Date: 3/25/1998 2:47 PM
I bought at 27 something and consider this a possible long term holding. I have been tempted to buy more, but I'm thinking to wait for a somewhat significant dip.

I haven't done the research I should, has someone out there done the homework? I may get around to it, but have more research on my list ahead of this.

I will post what I learn as I get time to work on it, but meanwhile would appreciate any info that's out there and that will probably encourage me to get to my research sooner.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement