Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Doc,

You cannot do a hard sell on a LTC plan with a potential client like yourself. You have to be led to the common sense of it all. IF that is your feeling let me know what state you are in and what is most important in a plan. I can answer your questions based on a number of factors. Remember these companies are not charitable, but they do pay their bills. Can you imagine just one company defrauding one person or couple who is part of the largest population in the U.S. not to mention lobbying group. So its important to know what medications you take, for what and for how long. Your birthdates. How many times in the last 7 years you were hospitalized and for what. Total of all assets not counting your home. How much interest you are taking off of those assets. Why did you save "all" that money. What do you want to do with it. What do you hope the insurance will do for you "if" you need it. And what will you do if you or your wife could not get it. In my practice people will always do two things: under estimate their health and over estimate their wealth so think about these things when you answer. Family history does not matter one iota, remember that, just becuase your parents were never in a car accident does not mean that you will not be in one. In this situation you need to think accident not old age. If you can answer those questions then you will never need someone to come to your home and you can probably do this through the mail just as long as there are no, none, nada 0, medical appliances in your home or braces, canes, wheelchairs etc...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement